Sunday, October 2, 2011

Church Searching

I wasn't meeting anyone at EvFree Fullerton down the street, so I went to Grace EvFree where Richie is.  I enjoyed it and talked with a young woman who encouraged me to check out their grace groups.  I would love to meet people and have some friends down here.  It's very discouraging, but I trust that God will lead me to the right church.

I got to meet with my mentor on Monday evening for dinner.  We talked about what we expect from the program (I have no idea what to expect since I've never had a mentor) and scheduling.  She told me that when I make a list of stuff to get done, I need to define exactly what I want to accomplish.  I can't write a paper in one sitting, so my goal could be to write 4 pages or spend 2 hours writing it.  Even though I didn't finish the paper, I feel accomplished.  Also, I need to make realistic to do lists.

Not too many exciting things this week.  I got more curry, yellow this time, for dinner.  Oh, and I found the hummus variety pack.  I rip up tortillas that I have and dip them in, yum!  I love Trader Joes.  I love to do my grocery shopping at Ralphs and Trader Joes, they are close and have just what I need.  I have been taking turns going to each of them, though it depends on what I need.

Classes are going well.  I can't believe that in a little over a week I have a midterm in my operations class!  It's creeping up on me, so I had better start studying.  Hm, I might want to remind my study group today when we meet.

My marketing class is going very well.  We now have some actual homework, not just reading chapters from "Blue Ocean" (which was actually quite interesting).  I got my book for my book report two weeks ago, "Purple Cow."  It's about standing out and not relying only on marketing ads.  It's not due until November, but I want to start on it.  I don't want to wait until the day before, no more procrastination!  Well, that's my goal.

My room: I got a white board this weekend to put on my wall.  It's very helpful, I put my homework on it so I don't forget to do it (hasn't been a problem yet).  I also got some computer paper, though it was hard to chose form the FIVE different kind of paper...I have no idea what the difference was.

Oh, I want to say "hello" to all my friends in Washington.  I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment